Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Its Offical



On my way home from work on Sunday, I decided to pop into the Bernard Shaw to meet up with my mate, Aaron, who was checking out Funktion and it seem like a quality idea after the day I had. It was a gruller on the panto, a half one show & a half six show and I hadn’t had any kip from the night before.

I came home on the Saturday night to find Tara’s Christmas party in full swing and it didn’t look like ending for at least the next 12 hours so, of course, I jumped head first into it. Foolishly, 12 noon rocked around and I never even thought to get that all important sleep that could of made my day a lot easier. I was too busy discussing in great detail the positive aspects rape, cock & paedophiles with some of my closest friends.

But going on some sort of Red Bull & coffee second wind, that must of been sparked by the last couple of minutes of the X Factor final in the green room, I strolled into the Shaw. It was the typical 12 Sunday with the usual heads, not too packed - nice and Funktion, this 8 piece funk band that we know, were leathering it out. I walk out to the smoking section and I see a load of mates, and I says to myself – ‘Deadly, what a brilliant idea coming here.’

But let me tell you, a good night was about to turn into a revelation as I strolled out into this new section that they have opened in the place, the area where the bus is parked, that sells pizza. Sitting there looking at me in the face, smiling – a hot tub, the same hot tubs that myself and Wah found in the Body & Soul at the Electric Picnic. Let me tell you, within seconds, I was in my boxers and prepare myself for 2 hours of chilling the fuck out.

Sadly, I had to wait for a few minutes for it to cool down but then myself, Conor L, Kirwan & Jono made the plunge. There I sat in the Bernard Shaw in the middle of December, in a hot tub, sipping an ice cold bottle of Budvar, chugging smokes and I thought to myself, ‘Why hasn’t anyone else ever thought of this before, this is the shit.’ This better be a permanent fixture in the Shaw because it is official there is no pub in this town that fucking touches that place.

Here is a note to all you other pubs in Dublin – ‘Get your shit together!’

2 comments:

  1. Best decision I made all week getting in that thing. Serious stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only aq matter of time before some scaldy takes a poo in it.

    ReplyDelete