Thursday, March 10, 2011

Recommended Tune - Lindstrom

Last weekend was my mate, Aaron's Birthday, we started things in a very civilized manner, with a nice meal in Green Nineteen, tasty food, good service and very affordable. We did the cake thing, brought the bike out, we bought it for Aaron a few days earlier, everyone was having a fine celebration.

Then onto Sean MacD's in Harold's Cross for plenty of fun and frollix, where Greg and Aaron are running their night, Native Tongues. No mad clubbing, just a pub with good tunes and a decent smoking section. Anyway, about halfway through the night, there is Rubio, giving everything he's got on the decks and he plays this tune. I know it as well as can be, I've heard it being played a million times, it's just I've never known the name of it. 'I fucking love this track.' I said to myself, and with that my attention was dragged else where so I never got to ask Rubio what the name of it was.

About 5 hours later, we are all squeezed into Aaron & Rubio's cottage, I'm swaying left and right at this stage, there is Conor Dunne giving it as much of his all as Rubio was back in the place and what do you know, on comes this tune again. 'Fuckin Hell, that tune is savage.' I thought. I gander over and there is Damo, dancing with a look of sheer passion on his face to the tune. I look over, I clock his eye -

'What a fucking tune, bro!' I say

And he replies 'Fucking savage, man, spacey as fuck'

'Yeah, a real fuckin Blade Runner quality about it.' I say

And on we go about how deadly the tune is. I get the name of the track off Damo and by the time, I finish up at the session, back in mine, then bed, up the next day, I completely forget it. There I am texting Damo, Rubio and Conor Dunne like a mad yoke the next day, trying to get the name of this fucking track again. Damo is the first to get back to me and he has no recollection of even having a conversation with me at the party, Rubio sends me the names of 3 tunes that could not of been further from the tune and third time lucky, Conor Dunne texts - 'I think ur talkin about Lindstrom - I Feel Space' and he was right - Get this beast into you!

No comments:

Post a Comment