Thursday, February 4, 2010

44 Inch Chest - it will be good, I hope


Right, lets start from the start, Myself & Greg, for about a year, we used to some how find our way back to his oul'ones gaf at about 7 on a Sunday morning and a help us come down in peace, we used to stick on 'Sexy Beast', that Jonathan Glazer film with Ray Winstone & Ben Kingsley in it ( If you haven't seen it, get your ass out and buy a copy ) and we for the last couple of years, we have been awaiting the second coming. That day had come in the form of 44 Inch Chest.

I checked out what they were saying in the newspapers, expecting to see rave reviews but they were shockingly average to dodgy. They must not be getting it I say to myself, I can’t wait to see this fucker. I checkout the trailer on you tube again, it looks fucking deadly. All I had for the next week –

‘Do fancy going to Avatar?’

‘No, I don’t fancy going to Avatar, no thanks, the idea of Titanic with blue people and 3d glasses can go fuck itself. I want to go to a dark, gritty, cockney gangster flick by the name of 44 Inch.’

‘What, that sounds shit.’

‘Shut up’

But the next thing that happened was the biggest shock of all, I’m in Quiznos enjoying one of those all day breakfast sandwich they have there when I receive a text from Greg, the text read –

Hay, bro, wat de crack, went 2 c 44 inch chest there and it was prob the worst film I hav ever seen. John Hurt is so crap in it all he said cunt throughout the hole thing.

No way – I reply

Yeah, I am so pissed off

I then start question Greg’s judgement, there is no way it is shit. It has taken 9 years to write this bad boy, so here I am, I have downloaded it and I’m gonna give it a watch right now, I’m excited, terrified, worried, and really looking forward to it, it is going to be quality, I know it. I will be back with a full page review in about 3 hours,

No comments:

Post a Comment