Friday, February 5, 2010

Brian Kennedy - Meteor Lifetime Achivement Award Winner


Something just makes me want to fucking explode when in my extremely exciting life, I sit in on my Friday night watching the Late Late Show and the first guest is Brian Kennedy and he is announced as the most recent recipient of the Meteor Lifetime Achievement Award. I’m gonna say that again Lifetime Achievement Award. Now I don’t know about youse but a Lifetime Achievement Award should normally be given to someone who has actually achieved a lifetime of work in whatever industry is giving the award. Jesus, even if Brian Kennedy was ninety I wouldn’t be giving his drippy mug a lifetime achievement award.

I can just see it now, a load of like PR birds sitting around organizing the Meteor Awards

‘Okay, what about this year Lifetime Achievement Award?’

‘Oh, I don’t know . . . . . . What about Ronan Keating?’

‘Well, he got it, like, three years ago, so we can’t give it to him.’

‘Okay, well, who else is there to give it to.’

‘I don’t know . . . . . . Kieth Duffy?’

‘No, we are giving him the Lifetime Achievement at the IFTAs so that like wouldn’t be fair.’

‘Okay, . . . . . . . . . well, I don’t know, who else is there?’

‘What about that lovely guy from Belfast?’

‘Yeah, what’s his name? yeah he has been around for donkey’s’

Get your fucking shit together, girls, if your gonna pick some to give that award to pick someone who has back log of quality like Richie Kavanagh.

Anyway the bottom line is I’m just pissed off that 44 Inch Chest was shite and I want to take my frustration out on some poor unfortunate gobshite like Brian Kennedy, what a fuckin cheap shot? I didn’t want to admit it but it’s true, they got that film so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment