Thursday, February 11, 2010

Oh No I Gotta Go Back To Schooooooool Again



I am going back to school . . . . . . . yes, I got so fucking irritated yesterday morning trying to browse the internet looking for a job and eventually coming to the conclusion that my diploma that I so deservedly earned back in 2002 couldn't be more redundant if it tried, I am so sick of this free lance bullshit, every couple of months you are searching high and low, you are constantly aware of your cash, I have had enough, that is it. I have signed up for a Business Studies Night Course in April & a (wait for it) full time, Drama teaching course starting in August. Yes, I am not bullshiting you, . . . . . . . . . I will explain how this happened

How did I do this in one afternoon, you might be asking. Well, I just strolled down to my local FAS office, in I strolled, signed up and had a meeting with a very pleasant oul'one named Betty. We browsed throw their courses and we spoke about me. It was savage. We picked my whole professional life apart, year by year, and discussed what the fuck I've been doing with myself. At first, I felt very depressed and started to question why I thought this might of been a good idea but then we started to go threw all the positives, well, I was thinking to myself, I’m actually alright here. She even started talking about this blog, and she convinced me, wait til you hear this, that it’s not that what I'm doing that is wrong but its what I'm not doing. . . . . . Okay, as clear as mud but I'm gonna go along with it for the moment. 'You need to go back and start from scratch but take with you the little that you have done' . . . . . . . Okay, starting to get depressed again. . . . 'but use them in a positive light.' . . . . . . . Okay, now, I'm just confused but it all cool, because this oul'one smells great, I love birds that smell nice.

But anyways, I left with a slight spring in my step after signing up for 2 courses, looking forward to the future. . . okay the business one is only 2 nights a week but come August, that drama teaching course is full time, it will be the same hours as school. . . . . . . Jesus, that is some commitment, I am gonna be going back to school . . . . Holy Shit, for years I wanted it back, ye know, the routine of it all, you start then and you finish then. Everything is laid out and organised for you. I remember my first year out of college back in 2002, I was so kind of freaked out of the lack of routine and that for the first time in my life, I had to make my own time table. For so many years i.e. your whole life, between your folks and your teachers, they pretty much ran my life, all you had to do was just sit back and let shit happen. Well, that’s what I did anyway, that probably has a lot to do with the 'getting my shit together' part of my life.

But I'm excited now, I'm going back to college in August, I just got to sort shit out between then and now. . . . . . . . Wow, I'm going back to college, I loved college, I can’t wait now, LETS GET FUCKING LOCKED.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool that you're going back to study and that you're excited about it. I trained in something else this year and it's completley changed my mindset, being able to earn some money from something that I actually enjoy. Good for you

    ReplyDelete