Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Know What I'm Doing This Friday


As I said in other write-ups, I am finding it very hard these days to get motivated to actually go out to nightclubs anymore. There has to be a very substantial reason to go out and the only reason that would have that level of substance would be to see a particular act. The days of going out just to get locked in an every day club with nothing of any real importance on in the club are few and far between to tell you the truth. Maybe its because I'm broke and I'm in the mind set that if I’m gonna go out, get mangled and spend loads of money, its got to be fuckin worth it. And have I got a night out that is worth it . . . . Yes, I do. If anyone is going out this weekend, you've got to head to Night Flight @ The Button Factory this Friday for one of my personnel favourite DJs, Maurice Fulton.

If anyone was lucky to be at Nicky Siano at Night Flight last summer, let me tell you the atmosphere will be something similar, a lot more housie but the place will be going just as ape shit. . . . . .and it is fucking 8 squid before 12 if you say Downtown Sounds at the door. What a fucking bargain? You are not gonna get a better deal than that anywhere else in Dublin.

I first saw this guy down in Ri-Ra years ago when Downtown Sounds were running the Friday night (of course, they went on to start Night Flight with Space Camp & Winter Olympics) and if memory serves me correct, the cunt played for about 3 and a half hours and the place was going off, Up there with one of my favourite gigs. Just to get an idea of the kind of shit you’re likely to hear on Friday, this is a remix he did of the Simian Mobile Disco track - Cruel Intentions, check this bad boy out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4XOOnVf6k

If you like that, here is a classic that I believe he had a vital hand in producing which I hope will feature on Friday, cheesy as fuck, here is Gypsy woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KztNIg4cvE&feature=fvst

I remember finishing work in the Gaiety all those years ago, I was fucking wrecked, I had just done a 12 hour get-out and I got dragged up to Ri Ra by Aaron. We put 2 lil fellas into us and off we popped through the night like a pair of mad cunts ready to dance our little hearts out. What a night! I can’t wait for this Friday, it is gonna be savage. . . . . . . . . . Anyone got any little fellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment