Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lughnasa for President


Lughnasa Festival @ The Bernard Shaw is going to get a mention amongst the nominees for ‘Event of the Year’ at this years Irish Dance Music Awards, how priceless can you get, Event of the Year. I saw everyone else kind of canvassing for their bigger and more successful events on Facebook and I thought to myself, fuck it, I might as well do it. Obviously, a lot of people voted in, fucking nice one lads.

The most hilarious thing is we are in there with the likes of Electric Picnic, Oxegen, Life Festival & Yes Festival to name a few so I would say our chances are pretty high of taking the prize home. I would love to see the odds on Lughnasa making a surprise victory, I must ask are they taking bets and just go on this kill crazy rampage, asking cunts to vote for Lughnasa left, right and centre. What an upset that would be. ‘And the winner is Lughnasa @ the Bernard Shaw?’ Everyone just gives each other a subtle look. Up we pop, onto the stage, sadly Conor L cant get up on the stage coz he would sprained his ankle again. ‘John Reynolds, Dennis Desmond, listen up, y’all better watch out coz there is only room for one phat kat up in this motherfucka, ye going down, bitch.’ Fart into the mic, drop the award, cue the music and head straight for the door. Just leave the ceremony shouting at people. . . . . . . . . . . I really wish I was that cool, the reality of the situation is, it would probably go more like this. ‘And the winner is Lughnasa.’ We would get up, except the award and probably thank my oul’pair for their support, thank Bodytonic for believing in us and maybe even thank the fans . . . . . . . . . I really hope we don’t win.

But in all seriousness, we hope to make Lughnasa bigger and better this year and any exposure for it is savage. We are gonna have to have a sit down over the next month and go over what little pleasures are in store this year. Hopefully my idea of dancing ladies won’t be rejected again this year. It’s an original idea and it would fucking crack. Imagine, you’re sitting there in the Shaw, your high, your locked and you’ve got a pair of bouncing boobies in your face. Think about it – Amazing! We are guaranteed the award next year.

Jaysis, being nominated for awards, my god, I feel like one of those film stars or something, Arnie or one of them fellas.

Vote here - http://www.wix.com/RaymondcRockwell/Slick%20Dj%20Web

1 comment:

  1. I actually had to give a speech at this 2 years ago when BT won best promoters. Was pretty embarrassing as I didnt expect us to win so had nothing prepared and my usual razor wit had escaped me due to having not slept or showered in near 2 days due to being on the rollover from Saturday. Fun times!

    ReplyDelete