Saturday, April 10, 2010

New York city


I just want to start this blog by saying, I have never understood the whole R n B - Hip Hop domination of the music industry in the states over the last ten years, I just never got into it. I hated it to be honest with you. I found the commercial scene to be so cheesy and bland, and I couldn't understand what everyone was going on about, but there is a track out at the moment that has caught me, it has hooked me. Empire State of Mind by Jay Z ft Alicia Keys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8

Now, I have nothing of either of these guys on my itunes or in my cd collection but I've heard it about 6 times over the last couple of days and every time I completely stop what I’m doing, and I have to listen to it. It reminds me exactly what it felt like to walk the streets of New York City when I was younger. Heading up to some theatre off Broadway to see my oul'one after one of her shows, being up the Empire State with my oul'lad, walking from that 5 trek from Wall Street to Canal Street to Central Park with my bro, The only way to describe it is FUCKING AMAZING. You feel like you’re in a movie or something. They nailed it in that song. I have got to get my arse back there. I fucking love that city. Anyone fancy it, this city is joke.

1 comment:

  1. Spot on about New York State of Mind, couldn't agree with you more. Never got all the rnb rap shit. Was over in New York in October when this just came out it was end of summer and I remember walking towards central park and hearing this and was like Woah!!! Captures New York perfectly, they even played it at a Yankees world series game and it was awesome!! Bus drivers are cunts!! Cairns boss

    ReplyDelete