Thursday, July 22, 2010

Play with this

I remember going to this when I was about 13, it blew the shit out of me. I don't know if the film does this piece justice in anyway, but when you see those 3 urns on stage and the three heads coming out of them and when the light comes up on the first one and the three actors begin to deliver the lines at the the pace that they are told to give them as it is written in the script by Beckett, it absolutely knocks you out.

I asked actress, Bernadette MacKenna, a couple of years later, what it was like, she simply said she felt like having a nervous breakdown before every performance

About a decade later, I remember asking my mates dad, Stephen Brennan, an actor who had played it at one stage, what it was like, he said 'Play, the second most terrifying thing I've ever done stage.' The second, I thought to myself, what was the the most 'What was the first?' I asked in a rediculous amount of interest 'Piece of Monologue by the same cunt' he replied

I never saw 'Piece of Monologue' on stage, I saw the film of it, it's good but very slow, not nearly as entertaining as Play - Check this out

No comments:

Post a Comment